Baked Halloumi Casserole
Chewy, crispy halloumi cheese on a bed of mixed veggies (you can even use any that you have leftover in your fridge). A vegetarian dish even the meat eaters will enjoy.
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 aubergine
- 1 courgette
- 1/2 tinned lentils of your choice
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato passata
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soften the onions and garlic on a medium heat
- Chop remaining vegetables
- Once softened, add remaining vegetables to onions and garlic and soften for 5 minutes
- Add lentils
- Add spices, condiments, honey, chopped tomatoes and passata
- Leave covered on a medium heat to thicken, stirring occasionally
- Pre-heat the grill to high
- Put thickened casserole in to a casserole dish
- Slice halloumi cheese (as thickly as you choose...)
- Layer sliced halloumi cheese over the top of the casserole
- Spray with olive oil / fry light spray
- Place in grill for 5-15 minutes until halloumi is crispy and brown
- You can add more protein, water or vegetables to pad this dish out.
- Add old vegetables you have leftover in your fridge.
- Cook for longer for a thicker casserole.
- I served mine with olive bread for dipping.
- Enjoy mindfully, without distraction.
Emilia Fitness https://www.emilia.fitness/